Learning through talking!!
The beauty about talking your idea though people is that you learn so much more about what you intend to do.
So I got all decked up for the meeting... business formals et al (though had to do away with the tie coz Ravi was in business casuals). Met two middle aged men... maybe in their mid to late thirties. Initially, their attitude was neutral... it was like - lets see what these guys have. As we took them through what we do... and pulled up one anecdote after another, their eyes widened... Those anecdotes that we came up with... some of them even surprised us. {Ravi was at his creative best today :-).} We got to know so much more about what we are doing today. Really, every customer meeting has been a revelation... not because we have got any specific input on what we could do, more because, as we try to explain what we are doing, we just come up with cool shit - that makes the picture of what we are doing even clearer (ofcourse to us)!!
They seemed sold on what we are doing... and promised to get back to us with a plan for taking this forward. Loved it!!
The more I am getting into this, the more confident I am getting of the opportunity and our ability to pull this off. But above all, just the process... the feeling of living these moments... they are worth any and everything I could otherwise make or do.
The sheer uncertainty of not knowing what will happen tomorrow has a thrill of its own. Each day you wake up not knowing what state of mind you will sleep in. For that matter, even when I go to sleep at night, I do not know what new surprises life has in store for me for the following day. So, as of now, I am living by the day... day by day :-)
Cheers!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home