Saturday, July 22, 2006

Early days...

I met Ravi at ISB. I was just about aware of him till the end of core terms even though we were in the same section. However, a certain entity called Shivani got us together for a certain ELP (ISB's answer to summer internship :-p) with a certain Ajay Shah who was in the Economic Council of the Ministry of Finance.

Needless to say, the ELP went nowhere. But Ravi and I became good friends, and we spent a lot of time at the Atrium talking ideas till wee hours in the morning... once in a while joined by intellectuals, some of who happened to be big shot professors in leading schools across the globe.

The last two months at ISB were spent coming up with ideas on different things we could start out with. We did come up with some really cool ideas... but never really went ahead with anything. Looking back I realize the reason why we could not start out then. We lacked the attitude, and were too comfortable with our lives to do anything, leave alone start out - and we said, we did not have a 'good' idea. You do not need an idea to start out. You can start doing what hundreds of others are doing and still make it big. Google wasn't the first search engine. Mittal wasn’t the first guy to make steel. Every area, no matter how saturated we think it is, has an opportunity. An opportunity to innovate and make a difference, and leave your mark.

So entrepreneurship is more about attitude than aptitude. There will always be a reason for not starting out... as someone once told me while I was preparing for IITJEE, in the end you will either have results... or a reason! You make the choice.

I hope to capture 'our' story through my eyes and keep a log of the highs and lows of starting out through this blog.

Cheers to a new beginning!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

First of all welcome to the club....As I like to think..It's better to try and fail than regret all your life that you did not even have the courage to try.

10:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Second of all - all the best dude! Tum dono crack maaro, and let me try to master the parasitic mode of existence by then ;-)

7:37 AM  
Blogger Animesh Kumar said...

Thanks dost... can do with all the wishes that we can gather.

Am sure, you will find your calling soon.

10:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

12:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home